Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bipolar Disorder Awareness Month

This has nothing to do with being frugal, or couponing or sweepstakes...but I must make my public service announcement..lol February, though I am lagging a bit since the month is almost over, is Bipolar Disorder Awareness Month. February has been designated as Bipolar Disorder Awareness Month since 2009. I, myself, am a "carrier" of Bipolar Disorder and understand all too well the stigma that surrounds the disorder. If everyone would educate themselves this could be a more socially understood illness. There are too many people that have Bipolar Disorder, who are ashamed of it, or afraid to be open about it. "What about you, you ask?". I am not ashamed of it, it is a pain, but we ALL have SOMETHING to deal with that we really don't want to. I have never been ashamed of anything about myself. The way I look at it, God made me the way He did for a reason. He is an all knowing God and He will not give us any more than we can handle. It is very frustrating at times, but everything happens for a reason and I have come to accept this. I hope this may help someone who has Bipolar Disorder to see that they are beautiful, no matter what. God is perfect and He created each and every one of us and He does not make mistakes. I will insert a couple links below for educational purposes, for anyone that doesn't really understand Bipolar Disorder and wants to. God Bless!

http://www.allaboutbipolar.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bipolar-disorder/DS00356/DSECTION=symptoms

No comments:

Post a Comment